5 Tips in Choosing the Best Ice Maker
One of the most convenient devices that you can ever have at home is the ice maker. This portable machine is capable of producing pounds of ice without hassle. All you have to do is to plug it in so you can use it to produce ice for parties, office events, camping and picnics.
If you are thinking of buying a portable ice making machine that you can use at home, then the following tips can help you make the right choice:
- Determine the type of ice you usually need – Portable ice makers can produce different shapes of ice cubes (note that ice is shaped, usually in the form of a cone, cylinder and cube). Some of the latest ice making machines in the market, for instance, are capable of producing three sizes of ice cubes – the small-sized, middle, and large-sized cubes.
The type of drink where you plan to put them in determines the perfect size for it. Prior to shopping, find out where you will mostly use the machine. Is it for parties? Is it just for your convenience at home? This can help you pick the most suitable ice maker for your needs.
- Determine the amount of ice that you plan to store in the machine – Note that most portable ice makers can only store a small amount of ice. Also, keep in mind that the machine cannot keep it for a long period, so it is advisable to produce just the right amount for a specific occasion. In case you usually need large amounts of ice on a regular basis, then an ice maker with a large storage capacity is the perfect choice for you.
- Determine your budget – You have to know exactly how much you are willing to spend for this machine before buying, so you won’t end up spending more than necessary. A wise tip is to conduct a research about the average cost of these machines, so you can compare their prices.
The good news is that you can find lots of useful information online. This means that your research will be hassle-free. You can also read product reviews online. This will let you find a machine offered at a price you can afford without compromising its quality and features.
- Choose your preferred cooling method – Ice making machines also use different condensation methods. A specific cooling or condensation method used in the machine can influence its performance, as well as its total cost. The most common methods are air cooling and water cooling.
A machine, which employs the air cooling method, has the advantage of having a more compact structure. This makes it easier to use and install. However, note that the method used can also affect the indoor temperature. It also needs constant cleaning.
An ice maker which employs the water cooling method, on the other hand, is known for its excellent cooling performance. It is because the method does not have a negative impact on the internal temperature.
- Check its processing time – The best ice maker in the market today is one which is capable of producing large amounts of ice at the fastest possible time. Find out how much ice it can produce within a specific period. You also need to check the time it takes for the machine to produce its first ice cube.
Note that while there are models that can produce ice within just eight minutes, there are also those that take a long time. Consider how much time it takes for a machine to produce ice before making your purchase.
Buying an ice maker requires thorough research. You need to carefully study your options to ensure that you will make the most well-informed decision.