Ice makers are great assets to any home. With this valuable machine, you will have something to use to prepare ice for special events, for your home bar and entertainment area, and for your bruises, scrapes and bumps. Note, however, that you can’t just pick any ice making machine that you can see in a store. You need to think about the specific features that you really need.
Also, note that these machines significantly vary not only in price, but also in the quality, volume of ice it can produce, performance, as well as the time it takes to produce your desired amount of ice. This is the main reason why you have to carefully think about what you really need.
This article aims to provide you with some of the features that you should look for in an ice maker. Finding one, which has most, if not all of these features, can help ensure a more satisfying purchase.
- Overflow protection – This is one of the most essential features in an ice maker. Avoid picking one, which does not feature an overflow protection. With the help of this feature, the machine will turn off automatically once the basket is already full. This will prevent ice from overflowing.
- Easy to use control panel – Look for an ice maker with a user-friendly control panel, so you will never have a hard time operating it. With the control panel, you can control the machine while also gathering relevant information, such as the time when the ice basket gets full or the time when additional water is needed.
- Smart water-use design – This feature adds more convenience to the users because it automatically reuses water coming from melted cubes to produce more ice. An ice maker, which has this feature, is perfect for you if you want the machine to operate continuously even if you are away.
- Automatic timer function – Note that while only a few portable ice making machines have this feature, it is still useful for users. With the aid of this feature, you can leave the machine to operate on its own. You can have the ice ready at the time when you need it without having to supervise the whole process.
- Insulated storage bin – This will ensure that the produced ice will not melt quickly.
- LED and LCD – These are two features that further improve the performance of an ice maker. LED control panel can be expected in most units. This will allow small LED lights to indicate the setting or mode through which you are using the machine. These lights will also indicate when it is the perfect time to add more water.
LCD, on the other hand, is featured in more advanced models. Instead of using LED indicator lights, this feature uses words and display them on an LCD screen. If you have the budget and you want more convenience, then you can go for a model, which has an LCD feature.
Other Important Things to Look Out For
Aside from the features mentioned above, you will further enjoy your ice maker if it has the following:
- Versatile and compact design, making it perfect for both outdoor and indoor use
- Quick freezing cycle – If possible, go for one, which can produce ice in as little as six to fifteen minutes.
- Easy to use electronic controls
- Competitive price
- User-friendly, plus it does not produce too much mess when used
- Has a modern exterior capable of matching almost any setting or theme
- Sufficient reservoir capacity – This will ensure that you won’t be facing the hassle of refilling your device too frequently.
If most of these features are present in your chosen ice maker, then you can congratulate yourself since you have made the right decision and investment.